- Web Accessibility Policy Statement
- Accessibility Tips for Using the Web Site
- Web Site Plug-ins
- Alternative Format Requests for Disabled Users
- Web Accessibility Contact Information
Web Accessibility Policy Statement - top
At the core of Montgomery County’s commitment to making its programs, services, activities, and facilities accessible to all members of the public, including qualified individuals with disabilities, is Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The County’s Internet web sites play a vital role in providing such access and conforming to Title II ensures County departments comply with this policy.
Accessibility Tips for Using the Web Site - top
Helpful tips and instructions on how to magnify a browser screen, enlarge text or change the text or background colors, or navigate using a keyboard in order to properly view web pages are provided below:
- Apple Products
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Google Products
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Products
Web Site Plug-ins - top
There are numerous files, documents, forms and brochures on the Montgomery County Web Portal sites that require a plug-in to display. Many of these files, including Portable Document Format (PDF) files and Microsoft Office files (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Windows Media Player), are very common. Consequently, you may already have the plug-in(s) installed on your computer to display and print these files. However, if you do not, then please use the links listed below to download and install a plug-in that you may need.
- Adobe Reader (PDF files)
- Adobe Flash Player (Flash files)
- Microsoft Word Viewer
- Microsoft Excel Viewer
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer
- Microsoft Windows Media Player
Alternative Format Requests for Disabled Users - top
Alternate format requests should include the following information:
- Contact information of the person requesting the alternative format (phone, email, first name, last name)
- The Web Address (URL) of the web page(s) which contain the requested information
- The nature of the accessibility need
- Preferred alternative format type (i.e. audio presentation, text file, large print, voice call back, etc…)
- Preferred medium (i.e. regular mail, email attachment, text message, fax, phone call, etc…)
Web Accessibility Contact Information - top
- The County ADA Compliance Manager provides technical assistance to departments and disability awareness for staff. The Compliance Manager also responds to questions or concerns about the accessibility of County government programs, services, activities or facilities.
- The ADA Compliance Manager can be reached at 240-777-6197 (TTY 240-777-6196) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disability discrimination complaints involving businesses, non-profit agencies, and other private sector organizations located in Montgomery County, including multi-family housing providers, are handled by Montgomery County’s Office of Human Rights at 240-777-8450.
- For additional information about services for individuals in Montgomery County, contact Aging and Disability Services at 240-777-3000 Voice or 240-777-4575 (TTY) or at email@example.com. Information on a wide range of disability issues is also available on the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) web site.
- Other useful County Accessibility web pages are provided below: