|Location:||Montgomery County Circuit Court
North Tower 3rd floor, Rm 3121
|Phone:||(240) 777-9106 and (240) 777-9035|
|Hours of Operation:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
The main function of the Administrative Aides of the Montgomery County Circuit Court is to review each motion for its compliance with the appropriate Maryland Rules of Procedure. The Administrative Aides submit motions that are in full compliance to the Administrative Judge for ruling. For non-compliant motions, they mail notifications to the parties filing the Motion/Document.
All pleadings and motions are filed in the Civil or Criminal Department of the Court and delivered to the Administrative Aides daily. The Administrative Aides review motions by the date the files are received in the office. Time sensitive issues take priority and are worked accordingly.
Requests and Motions Reviewed by the Administrative Aides:
- ASTAR: Complex Science and/or Medical Case Management Program
- Business and Technology
- Class Actions
- Consolidations: File a motion in all cases to be considered for consolidation, and all cases must be at issue.
- Deferral of Dismissal
- Discovery in Aid of Enforcement: Examinations/hearings are held in the Office of Magistrate & Examiner John C. Keating, Suite #201, 401 East Jefferson Street, Rockville, MD 20850, Phone: 301-340-1133. Contact Magistrate Keating directly to schedule examinations/hearings prior to filing a motion.
- Separate Trials or Bifurcations
- Transfers to Other Jurisdictions within Maryland
- Vacate Dismissal
- Withdraw Appearance of Counsel
- Circulations for Disqualification
- Special Assignments
- Criminal Mental Evaluation Orders
- Criminal Requests for Transcripts
- Ratifications of Foreclosure Sale (deed of trust)
- Audit Civil Files
Maryland Statutes and Rules and other Maryland laws (Maryland State Law Library)
50 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM