|Location:||Montgomery County Circuit Court
North Tower 3rd floor, Rm 3420
|Hours of Operation:||8:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday|
Montgomery County Circuit Court Library Resource Guide/Catalog
- Access the full range of the library’s print collection
- Retrieve book titles and authorities on specific legal topics
- Link to useful Maryland law sites, including the Maryland Code and Rules
The Law Library has a comprehensive collection of legal materials, including:
- Codes of Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia, and local ordinances
- Forms – state, federal, and local
- Free online access to WestlawNext, Lexis, SASI-CALC, Bloomberg BNA, PACER, & Hein Online
- U.S. statutes and regulations
- State judicial opinions
- Free public access to legal databases, the Internet, and word processing
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the courthouse
- No USB drives permitted
- B/W copying is 25¢/page
- Color copying is 50¢/page
- Incoming & outgoing faxes are 50¢/page
- The Law Library offers incoming and outgoing fax service throughout the United States. The cost for faxes is 50¢/page.
- Your last name
- Amount of time needed
- Number of people in meeting
- Bring your photo ID
- Do not sign your documents prior to your arrival
- Bring along your own witnesses, if necessary
Staff can locate legal research materials, pinpoint decisions, and find forms but cannot offer legal assistance or advice. Limited assistance is available over the telephone at 240-777-9120 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library staff can reserve rooms at no cost for court business, mediations, attorney conferences, or depositions from 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. Call 240-777-9120 or e-mail us at email@example.com to reserve rooms. Have the following information ready:
Montgomery County notaries are available in the library
Law Library Event
May 16th, 2017 - LEGAL TRAILBLAZERS:JUDGE LYNNE BATTAGLIA ON MARYLAND’S FIRST FEMALE LAWYERS
Women were not officially permitted to practice law in Maryland until 1902. However, the history of women acting as lawyers in Maryland dates back to the earliest decades of colonial America. Join Peerless Rockville, the Montgomery County Circuit Court Law Library, and the Montgomery County Women’s Bar Association to listen to Honorable Lynne A. Battaglia, editor of Finding Justice, tell the remarkable story of how women overcame historical obstacles—legal, social, and economic—to enter the legal profession and how their pioneering work has influenced the practice of law and society at large.
Attorneys Rebecca Strandberg and Jo Fogel will speak on recently passed local pioneers Honorable Rosalyn Bell and Master Rita Rosencrantz.
Introduction by Honorable Anne Albright.
There will be a wine and cheese reception.
Event DetailsDate: Tue, May 16, 2017
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Suggested Donation: $5
Location: MCCC Law Library, 50 Maryland Ave (N-3420), Rockville, MD 20850
Everyone is welcome.
50 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM