Skip Navigation
DHCA logo
>MoCo Council Effectively Ends Veterans Homelessness
MoCo Council Effectively Ends Veterans Homelessness
Smoke Alarm Law
English / Spanish (Español)
Consumer Alert
Consumer Alert #1 -
Deceptive Letter

Code Enforcement > Reporting a Vacant Property

Vacant properties pose a number of potential problems for neighborhoods.  If you suspect or know that a property in your neighborhood is vacant, and not being properly monitored and maintained by the owner or the representative of the owner, please complete and submit this form.  DHCA will inspect the property and initiate appropriate action.

With the official launch of the MC311 Information Center, all questions, comments and concerns can be handled with one simple phone call by dialing 311.

If you're calling from outside Montgomery County please dial (240) 777-0311. For the hearing impaired the TDD number is (240) 773-3556.

Emergency complaints (e.g., no heat, sewage backup) should be reported by phone call to 311.

Confidentiality Statement Any and all information about the identity of the person or persons making any complaints received with this office can be kept confidential, when requested by complainant.

You may also use the MC311 Online Portal 24/7 to report vacant properties as well as research many other issues within Montgomery County.

How to view status of Housing Code Enforcement Activity