The Olney Springs development is offering 11 single-family homes and 23 townhomes for sale as Workforce Housing. The homes range in size from 1,760 to 1,950 square feet, and will sell for approximately $245,000 to $383,000, which is below the prevailing market rate for for-sale housing in this area of the county. In order to qualify to purchase one of these homes, income limits are based on family size but are generally between $67,500 and $139,000. Olney Springs is located on Bowie Mill Road, and offers extensive walking trails, open green spaces, playgrounds and a basketball court. For more information, contact the sales agent at (240) 688-8109, visit the sales office at 11905 Country Squire Way, Clarksburg, MD 20871 or visit the builder’s website.
Workforce Housing Program
The goals of the Workforce Housing program are to:
- Promote the construction of housing that will be affordable to households with incomes at or below 120% of the area-wide median;
- Allow households with incomes at or below 120% of the area-wide median income to have greater housing choices in the County;
- Increase the availability of housing in the County for public employees and other workers whose income cannot support the high cost of housing that is located close to their workplace and who, as a result, are increasingly priced out of housing opportunities;
- Assist County employers in reducing critical labor shortages of skilled and semi- skilled workers by providing housing that will be accessible to the worker’s workplaces; and
- Reduce traffic congestion by shortening commute distances for employees who work in the County but who otherwise would live elsewhere and encouraging more employees to live in Metro Station Policy Areas.
Workforce Housing is intended to be affordable to households with incomes that are too high to be eligible to participate in the Moderately Priced Dwelling Unit (MPDU) Program. Maximum annual household income for Workforce Hosing units must is between $90,000 and $139,000, depending on the number of persons in the household.