Maryland Children's Health Insurance Program (MCHP)
Residents may get a Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (
- Proof of income such as your tax return or two recent pay stubs
- Proof of identity such as a driver’s license or other photo I.D.
- Proof of citizenship such as your birth certificate or passport
- Proof of Montgomery County residence such as your lease
- Call 311 for questions or more information.
Uninsured children under age 19 whose family’s income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (
Uninsured pregnant women of any age, whose income is at or below 250%
1. How long does it take to process my
It takes approximately 10 days.
2. What happens after my application is approved?
When you receive your enrollment packet in the mail, you will:
Find out from your doctor which managed care organizations (
MCO) plans they accept;
MCOand primary care doctor to provide your care. If you do not pick a MCO, the State will pick one for you;
Inform HealthChoice which
MCOand doctor you have selected;
- Contact the doctor for an appointment.
3. What is the County’s Role With
4. What should I do when my address, family size, or income changes?
Please report any address or income changes within 10 days, as required, by contacting your caseworker. If you are unable to contact your caseworker, please call MC311 (dial 3-1-1) for assistance.
5. How do I get more information about fees or services covered by
You may call the State’s Medicaid Hotline 1-800-456-8900 for more information.
No Additional Information at this time