Takoma East Silver Spring (TESS) Center
8513 Piney Branch Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20901
- Within Montgomery County: 311
- Outside Montgomery County: 240-777-0311
- TTY: 301-251-4850
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (Appointments Only)
1st and 3rd Wednesday Evenings (Legal Aid Only)
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm (Registration)
Health and Human Services Offices
- Applying for County Public Health Programs
- Child Care Subsidy Programs
- Early Childhood Services (ChildLink)
- Emergency Eviction Prevention
- Free Tax Help
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid/MA) Program
- Medical Care for Uninsured Children (Care for Kids
- Public Assistance Programs - Food Stamps
- Public Assistance Programs (TCA/TDAP)
- Shelter Services
Directions to the TESS Center
Metro Bus J4 and Ride On Bus 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20 & 24.
From Silver Spring station, take Ride On Bus 15, 16 or 20. From Takoma Park station, take Ride On Bus 24.
By Car From
Follow MD Rte. 97 South (Georgia Ave.) Turn left onto MD Rte. 193 (University Blvd.) Turn right onto Piney Branch Rd.
Follow I-270 South. Keep left at the split and merge onto Beltway I-495 East. Take Exit 29 onto MD Rte. 193 East (University Blvd.) Turn right onto Piney Branch Rd.
East (PG County Line)
Follow Beltway I-495 West. Take Exit 28 onto MD Rte. 650 South (New Hampshire Ave.) Turn right onto Piney Branch Rd.
Follow Beltway I-495 East. Take Exit 29 onto MD Rte. 193 East (University Blvd.) Turn right onto Piney Branch Rd.