Call one of the providers listed below to make an appointment. They will explain what documents you should bring with you to the appointment.
Teen and Young Adult Health Connection
Gaithersburg Center Planned Parenthood of Washington
The providers listed above will provide family planning/reproductive health visits to both insured and uninsured women.
A sliding scale fee may be charged for services, based on your income. If you do not have any income, services may be free.
1. In addition to the County program for teens and women without insurance, is there also an expansion of the Medical Assistance (Medicaid) program, so that more women can get Medicaid coverage for these services?
Yes, an expanded Medicaid Family Planning program began in January 2012 and covers additional women for family planning and reproductive health services.
2. Which additional women are eligible for the new Medicaid Family Planning expansion?
Women who are 51 years of age and younger with incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level will be eligible for the expanded Medicaid Family Planning coverage. (U.S. Residency status rules apply for this coverage.)
3. How do I apply for the Medicaid Family Planning program?
You may apply by mail or fax by printing an application at: DHMH Family Planning . Do not apply if you are already enrolled in any of the Maryland Medicaid Assistance Programs. You already have family planning benefits.
4. Will eligible women have to enroll in a Managed Care Organization (
No. Women who qualify for the expanded Family Planning Medicaid Program will not be enrolled in an
5. What benefits are covered?
Or call the Medical Assistance Hotline at:
1-855-692-4993 for questions about eligibility
1-800- 456-8900 for questions about benefits
1-800-735-2258 for TDD for people with disabilities.
Download My Reproductive Life Plan
Download Preconception Health Plan