Skip Navigation


School Health Services


How to Apply

There is no need to apply.  These services are available for children enrolled in Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).

Documents To Bring


Eligibility Requirements

Fees and Payments



1.   What medical forms do I need to enroll my child in Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)?

Maryland law requires all students to present a Maryland Immunization Certificate #896 and a Health Inventory Form (proof of physical exam).  Students entering Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K), Head Start, Kindergarten, or 1st Grade must also present a Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Lead Certificate.  

2. What immunizations does my child need to enroll in school in Montgomery County?

School Health and MCPS follow State of Maryland Vaccine for Children requirements.  The vaccines and the number of required doses of each of the vaccines vary, based on the child’s age.  A chart showing the Vaccine for Children requirements can be found at: Required Immunizations

3. What if my child needs to get medication during the school day?

To request that prescriptions or over-the-counter medication be given to a child during the school day, parents must complete MCPS Form 525-13 which includes a signed order from a doctor. The form is available online from MCPS, or at the school. The medication must be properly labeled and brought to the school health room by an adult.  Students may not take any medication at school, including over-the-counter pain relievers, unless administered by school staff.  


 Additional Information

No Additional Information at this time