Skip Navigation


Rental Assistance Program (RAP)


How to Apply

The Rental Assistance Program (RAP) is open for enrollment effective August 5, 2013. To apply, please submit a completed pre-application, you may click on the below link to download. All households who submit a pre-application will be placed on a waiting list. As openings occur, RAP will contact applicants who have been selected to apply for benefits. Renewal applications can be requested by calling the office, 240-777-4400, and are mailed out as a courtesy two months prior to benefits expiring. It is the applicant’s responsibility to renew on time. 

Pre-Application                                                Pre-Solicitud

Documents To Bring

Eligibility Requirements


Household # Max. Monthly Max. Yearly % Tenant Responsible
1 $3,121 $37,450 35.0%
2 $3,567 $42,800 32.5%
3 $4,013 $48,150 30.0%
4 $4,458 $53,500 27.5%
5 $4,817 $57,800 25.0%
6 $5,175 $62,100 25.0%
7 $5,529 $66,350 25.0%
8+ $5,888 $70,650 25.0%

Fees and Payments



1.  How is my Rental Assistance check issued once I am approved?

Checks are mailed to your address at the end of each month for the following month’s rent. Checks are made payable to both you and your landlord.

2.  How long can I receive benefits?

Benefits are approved for a maximum period of 12 months. A new application is required to determine continued eligibility.

3.  Is the Rental Assistance Program (RAP) currently accepting applications?

The Rental Assistance Program is currently closed to new applicants. You may contact our office if you are interested in being notified when the program begins accepting new applications.

4.  What if I live in Public Housing or have a Housing Choice Voucher rental subsidy?

Federal regulations prohibit the receipt of Rental Assistance Program (RAP) by households who receive assistance under a Housing Choice Voucher or live in a Public Housing unit.

5.  Do you provide eviction assistance?

NO, please contact your local Housing Stabilization Services Office.

6.  How much assistance is available?

Eligible households can receive between $50 and $200 per month.

7.  Can the Rental Assistance Program (RAP) assist with room rentals?

In some instances RAP can assist with room or basement rentals.

8.  If I move will I still continue to receive a benefit?

Notify your caseworker if you are moving and reapply within thirty days at your new address. If you remain eligible at your new address, you can continue to receive monthly benefits.

10.  Am I eligible if I rent from a relative?

 If you rent from a relative who does not live with you, you are not eligible for the Rental Assistance Program (RAP). If the relative lives with you, all persons living at the application address are treated as one household to determine eligibility


 Additional Information

No additional information at this time.