Upon completion of a Work Plan item, the Inspector General prepares a written report that describes the purpose of the project, the research methods used, and the Inspector General's findings and recommendations.
Each affected department or agency is given the opportunity to respond to the Inspector General's report. The response is included in the public report.
The Inspector General will release the report to the public after providing the Executive and the Council a reasonable opportunity to review the report.
Following are the Office of the Inspector General's final public reports for the current and three prior Fiscal Years.
- Audit Survey of Selected Department of Economic Development Operations, June 25, 2013
- Inspector General's Survey of Montgomery County Employees, March-May 2013
- Report of Investigation: Administration of Montgomery County Department of Transportation Tree Planting Services Contracts, April 26, 2013
- Inquiry into Allegations of Failure to Discharge Statutory Duties by the Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services Regarding Construction Work on the “Monty” Project, February 4, 2013
- Response to the Municipal & County Government Employees Organization's Request for Investigation into an Alleged Violation of Ethics Law by a Member of County Council, January 31, 2013
- Review of Montgomery County Commercial Property Tax Assessments, January 10, 2013
- Response to the Fraternal Order of Police's Request for Investigation into the County Executive’s Alleged Use of Government Resources for Political Activities, November 6, 2012
- Review of Montgomery County Libraries Collection Management Procurement Internal Controls, October 12, 2012
- Clifton Larson Allen Independence in Performing Non-Audit Work
- Office of Human Rights' Management of Purchasing Cards and Space Renovation, May 29, 2012
- Review of Certain Montgomery County Ethics Activities, April 9, 2012
- Evaluation of Budget and Financial Information Provided by Montgomery County Public Schools, January 9, 2012
- Review of the Vehicle Management Practices of the Fleet Management Services Division's Administrative Vehicle Light Fleet, November 29, 2011