MD 355 North Corridor Advisory Committee
(North of Rockville Metro Station)
MD 355 North is an activity center corridor planned for a high level of development that will support all-day travel throughout the corridor. The corridor has several major existing and planned activity nodes, including Rockville and Gaithersburg. It is also characterized by heavy congestion and high transit ridership potential.
For details on this corridor, click on the image or download the Countywide Transit Corridors Functional Master Plan, prepared by the Montgomery County Planning Department of the Maryland National-Capital Park and Planning Commission.
News and Upcoming Events
- Regular meeting. On Tuesday, June 7th, 2016, the seventh CAC meeting will take place from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the location described below. Related materials are to be provided later.
- Lobby Auditorium
- Executive Office Building
- 101 Monroe St
- Rockville, MD 20904
- MD355 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor Planning Study Spring Open Houses. The open houses will take place on Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, at the Bethesda–Chevy Chase High School Cafeteria, 4301 East-West Highway, Bethesda, and on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, at the Gaithersburg High School Cafeteria, 101 Education Boulevard, Gaithersburg. The same information will be available at each meeting; stop by anytime! Click here for more details.
The Maryland Department of Transportation, in collaboration with Montgomery County, is conducting a study for developing BRT along a portion of the MD 355 corridor. Two public Open Houses will be held to provide information and gather community input about potential BRT service from Bethesda to Clarksburg. At the Open Houses, you will meet the project team and be able to review: 1) BRT elements - how it works, what it looks like, etc.; 2) the study process and schedule; 3) existing conditions inventory; and 4) the draft preliminary purpose and need. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Mary Taylor Raulerson
Office phone number: (407) 373-1105
Cell phone number: (321) 230-3860
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last Name||First Name||Affiliation*|
|Bienenfeld||Paula||Montgomery County Civic Federation|
|Cain||Dennis||West End Citizens Association|
|Callistein||Jerry||College Gardens Civic Association|
|Devasahayam||Nallathamby||Seneca Crossing Section 1 Homeowners Association|
|Hulley||Kathie||Clarksburg Civic Association|
|Sherman||Gail H.||King Farm Citizens Assembly|
|Taiwo||Goke||Cider Barrel Mobile Home Court|
|Williamson||Andrew M.||Arora Hills Home Owners Association|
|Cowdrey||Robert F.||Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber|
|Eapen||Cherian||Interested Resident (Clarksburg)|
|Hendrickson||Stephen||Interested Resident (Rockville)|
|Henry||Peter||Watkin's Mill Town Center|
|Lindstrom||Richard||Interested Resident (Gaithersburg)|
|Martin||James||Interested Resident (Clarksburg)|
|Pandya||Era||Interested Resident (Clarksburg)|
|Rosenbaum||David A.||Upcounty Citizens Advisory Board|
|Savoie||Tom||Paladian Condominium (Rockville)|
|Schoap||Margaret||TAME (Transit Alternatives to Mid-County Highway) Coalition|
|Shaw||Peter L.||Interested Resident (Rockville)|
|Torti||John Francis||Torti Gallas and Partners|
|Triolo||Helen||Woodley Gardens West Homeowners|
|Welke||Ronald C.||Greenridge Baptist Church|
|Yanoshik||Paul J.||RE/MAX Realtors|
|Yee||Kam F.||Interested Resident (Gaithersburg)|
* These affilations were confirmed through consultations with the CAC members after the selection process.
- CAC Meeting #1 (Saturday, February 28th 2015)
- CAC Meeting #2 (Tuesday, April 14th 2015)
- CAC Meeting #3 (Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015)
- CAC Meeting #4 (optional) (Tuesday, September 1st, 2015)
- CAC Meeting #5 (Thursday, December 10th, 2015)
- CAC "Open House" (Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016)
- FAQ (document that compiled common questions (with answers) occurring in member comments leading up to the open house)
- Draft Preliminary Purpose and Need Document (while this document was not distributed at the meeting due to its length, it was the subject of the meeting, so for the reader's convenience it is linked here for reference)
- CAC Meeting #6 (Thursday, March 16th, 2016** )
** Original date of the meeting was March 3th but it got postponed to March 16th due to snow.