Military and Veterans' Health Care Issues
BRAC is establishing the Walter Reed Military Medical Center in Bethesda to transform military medical care, particularly in the National Capital region.
- Map of National Naval Medical Center Bethesda campus (pdf)
- National Naval Medical Center
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Defense Military Heath System
- President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole-Shalala Commission)
- Department of Defense Task Force on the Future of Military Health Care
- U.S. Medicine Institute for Health Studies
- DOD "Wounded Warrior Diaries"
- Mental Health Association of Montgomery County (Military Outreach Initiative)
- The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc.
- National Museum of Health and Medicine
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
- Office of Military Medical Care Integration, National Capital Area
How You Can Help:
- Volunteer Opportunities at Walter Reed
- The Walter Reed Society
- Wounded Warriors Project
- Yellow Ribbon Fund
- Fisher House
- Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- National Naval Medical Center Chapter: American Red Cross:
- American Red Cross: Military Members and Families
- USO, Inc.
- Army Public Affairs: Send a Message to Our Soldiers