Military and Veterans' Health Care Issues
BRAC established the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) on the campus of Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB) to transform military medical care, particularly in the National Capital region.
- Campus map, Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB) / Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) (pdf)
- Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB)
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Defense Military Heath System
- President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole-Shalala Commission)
- Department of Defense Task Force on the Future of Military Health Care
- U.S. Medicine Institute for Health Studies
- DOD "Wounded Warrior Diaries"
- Mental Health Association of Montgomery County (Military Outreach Initiative)
- The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc.
- National Museum of Health and Medicine
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
- Office of Military Medical Care Integration, National Capital Area
How You Can Help:
- Volunteer Opportunities at Walter Reed
- The Walter Reed Society
- Wounded Warriors Project
- Yellow Ribbon Fund
- Fisher House
- Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- National Naval Medical Center Chapter: American Red Cross:
- American Red Cross: Military Members and Families
- USO, Inc.
- Army Public Affairs: Send a Message to Our Soldiers