Skip to main content
Interim Traffic Signal at Jones Bridge Rd. & Spring Valley Rd. Intersection
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Maryland Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Signal installation and Barriers at Connecrticut Avenue funded by Montgomery County; County will fund extension of Platt Ridge Drive if necessary
- Traffic Signal and Barriers to access points off Connecticut Avenue installed; traffic study will be ongoing.
Scope of Work:
- This project addresses concerns by Chevy Chase Valley neighborhood residents, located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Connecticut Avenue and Jones Bridge Road, about the impact of traffic safety and access in their neighborhood resulting from State Highway Administration intersection improvements.
- Install a traffic signal on Jones Bridge Road at Spring Valley Road by Sept. 2011
- When the traffic signal is installed on Jones Bridge Road at Spring Valley Road, install temporary physical barriers at the three entrances to the neighborhood on Connecticut Avenue to prohibit southbound right turns into the neighborhood
- Continue examining feasibility of extending Platt Ridge Drive through parkland to Montrose Drive
- After the Spring Valley signal and temporary barriers have been installed, conduct a traffic study to determine their impacts on regional mobility and whether the Platt Ridge Drive extension would be a better overall solution
- If deemed necessary, move forward with construction of the Platt Ridge Drive extension, and make the turn barriers on Connecticut Avenue permanent
- On completion of the Platt Ridge Drive extension, remove the signal on Jones Bridge Road at Spring Valley Road.