|Location:||Montgomery County Circuit Court
North Tower 2nd floor, Rm 2420
|Hours of Operation:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
The functions of the Finance Office are primarily general accounting, procurement, and administrative duties to include the following:
- Duties related to receipts include accepting various receipts over the counter and by mail; verifying and depositing daily to the state depository bank the revenues received from Civil, Criminal, Duplications, Family, Finance Office, License, Recording, and Reproduction Departments; and completing and transmitting the appropriate forms to record and distribute the revenues.
- Duties related to expenditures include purchasing and distributing office supplies, furniture and equipment; transmitting invoices for payment; maintaining office supplies, furniture and equipment inventory records; and maintaining the records that track the actual expenditures incurred during the fiscal year.
- Duties related to preparing the budget for the Clerk of the Court and Land Records.
- Duties related to depositing and distributing funds designated by court order to be held in the Registry of the Court; completing statements of costs for court fees and fines in criminal cases, and completing collection procedures for delinquent accounts; refunding bonds; distributing amounts collected for fines and bond forfeitures to appropriate entities; and maintaining the accounting records documenting the above.
- Duties related to the telecommunications system for the Clerk's Office.
Click here to view the Court’s filing fees.
50 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM