Starting Salary: $80,118 - $133,024
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
MONTGOMERY COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT, MARYLAND
Personnel Class Specification
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXPERT
DEFINITION OF CLASS
The incumbent of this position is responsible for analysis of the technology needs of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County and the identification of solutions to replace multiple court management legacy systems with technology to improve court operations. Employee must execute a formal systems development life cycle approach to concurrent projects. Employee must be able to map and analyze business processes in order to support the development, customization, and functionality for the court’s automated functions. As the bridge between programming and operational staff, the incumbent anticipates, identifies, and guides long-term business and technology goals.
The incumbent reports directly to the Chief of Technical Services and is ultimately responsible to the Court Administrator.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the applicable law to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform preliminary analysis of projects and systems to propose solutions, identify costs and benefits, and submit preliminary plans for consideration.
- Perform system analysis to define requirements and translate project goals into documented functions and operations. Define system requirements, map court processes and analyze end-user needs to produce functional requirements.
- Transform detailed requirements into system designs. Manage the development and integration of projects identified in the court management system. Adhere to budget and schedule requirements.
- Design and manage the integration and communication with other database systems in justice and law enforcement agencies.
- Identify changes to court operational processes with operational counterparts to implement change management resources and processes.
- Deploy systems into production environment. Maintain and continuously evaluate systems employing performance measures to ensure projects meet initial business requirements and goals.
- Plan and implement decommissioning and archiving of legacy systems.
- Serve as the Court’s liaison between operational, in-house and external staff, as well as vendors, during all phases of the systems development life cycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work the full-time standard work schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) with flexibility to accommodate any necessary early or late meetings.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for automating, developing, implementing and administering database management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for optimizing and integrating information system components.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and methods of web technologies, tools and delivery systems to design, implement and maintain web-based applications.
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture, including LANs, WANs and telecommunications systems and standards in order to provide expert advice, assistance and implementation strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of computer network and desktop systems, server hardware, systems administration, operating systems or programming, i.e. Java, in order to develop technology strategies.
- Employee must have knowledge M/S Windows Operating Systems, TCP/IP, FTP, PC, and PC Software; Oracle systems, client/server technology, on-line services and database administration.
- Extensive knowledge of evolving industry trends and standards to provide an expert perspective on leading technology issues.
- Extensive project management experience in implementing large and complex information technology solutions.
- Experience with strategic planning, resource planning & control, information security, quality assurance, policy analysis, and project evaluation.
- Ability to define organizational data requirements in support of technology applications.
- Ability to make sound, well-informed decisions, perceive the impact and implications of decisions, and commit to action, in order to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a regular, punctual and reliable level of attendance.
- Ability to work independently and handle matters in a confidential manner.
- Possess a high degree of judgment, tact, diplomacy and competence in dealing with court personnel, representatives of justice system stakeholder, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to make decisions based on experience, good judgment, and established policies and procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to detail; set priorities and simultaneously process multiple duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional working relationships with court personnel and the public.
- Ability to plan and coordinate with other employees incorporating a wide range of technical skills and other occupational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other governmental agencies.
Master’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university, or certifications in one or more areas or specialties such as Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Oracle Certified Professional Developer Track, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA) or Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP).
Six years of professional experience in the information technology field in systems analysis. Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
This job description describes the general nature, level of work, and essential functions being performed by a person in this position. The job description shall not be construed to describe an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person. It does not proscribe or restrict additional tasks and assignments that may be required by the Chief of Technical Services, the Court Administrator and the Administrative Judge.
- Please open the Online Employment Application PDF. Mac users MUST use Adobe to complete the application. The Mac "Preview" application will not transmit your information to us.The application form requires you to have Adobe Reader version 8 or higher. Go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ to download the latest Adobe Reader version.
- A button marked “Highlight Fields” will be above and to the right of the Application form. Click the button to show fields that can be typed in.
- Complete all applicable fields by typing or clicking into each one.
- On the last page of the Application there are two buttons. The Print button will allow you to print a copy for yourself. The Save As button will allow you to save the completed application to your computer.
- Please send an email with following attachments to email@example.com: completed application, cover letter, resume, and a writing sample.
50 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM