The mission of the Montgomery County Family Justice Center is to promote safety, well-being, and healing for victims of family violence.
The core values of the FJC are those standards that inspire and support those working at the FJC, are mutually agreed upon and bind the partners together in their collaborative efforts to accomplish the mission of the FJC.
- To adhere to the mission of the FJC, to be supportive of the needs of the client, and to provide the highest quality services;
- To value the cooperative efforts and to work as partners;
- To value and require integrity. This requires trust, respect and support for each other;
- To seek resources to build on the success of the FJC and help it to grow, and
- To promote an environment where creativity and innovation in assisting victims of domestic violence flourishes.
Help victims of domestic violence and their families live safe, violence free lives
- Promote the FJC as an environment for families to work with professionals dedicated to victim safety;
- Remove barriers for victims seeking safety; and
- Increase the number of families seeking services by providing a victim and child friendly environment which reduces the stress of proceeding through the court system.
- Break the intergenerational cycle of violence in families
- Provide services to address the needs of children exposed to domestic violence or those who have experienced violence at the hands of the offender
- Reduce the number of domestic violence cases that go unreported;
- Ensure domestic violence perpetrators are prosecuted;
- Provide help and resources to children exposed to domestic violence;
- Offer appropriate legal assistance to victims of domestic violence; and
- Reduce recidivism and homicides.
The FJC is located in the “Eagle Building” at 600 Jefferson Plaza, 5th Floor, Rockville, MD 20852(near Route 355, the intersection of Rockville Pike and Jefferson Street). It is directly in front of Richard Montgomery High School and next to Marlo Furniture. The FJC is accessible by public transportation and is near the courts.