Programs & Services
The Gilchrist Center for Cultural Diversity offers a variety of programs and services to Montgomery County's Community. For more information, please see below or call 240-777-4940.
Winter 2014 Programs
Programs at our all sites
- Ongoing Classes (with winter registration information)
- Programs in Wheaton
- Programs in Upcounty (Germantown and Gaithersburg sites)
Mark Your Calendar!!
Registration dates for Winter 2014 programs:
- ESL (Beginning & Intermediate): January 14 & 16 4-7 pm
- Basic Computers: January 9 at 1 pm for weekday day time classes; 5 pm for weekday evening classes; January 11 at 10 am for Saturday classes.
- Saturday Beginning English: January 11 at 10:15 am
- ESL: January 6, 5-7 pm
- Citizenship: January 2, 6-8 pm
updated on December 9, 2013
The Center's programming includes:
New Americans Welcome Area (NAWA) that focuses on the needs of new immigrants and newcomers to the County. Programs include English as Second Language Classes, Citizenship and Civic Classes, Basic Legal Assistance and informational seminars on a variety of themes. It also includes an extensive Information and Referral System.
Cultural Programs which includes, but is not be limited to education programs concentrating on culture, cultural competency, diversity and inter-culture relations, as well as social events and special events.
Volunteering: Cultural Ambassador Program a volunteer program that assists the Center in reaching its goal of serving the immigrant and minority populations in the County. Professionals, retirees, students and all community members are welcome.
Please call 240-777-4940 for more information on programs and activities.