Library Link is a partnership between Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) and Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS). This initiative is part of a national program to ensure every child enrolled in school receives a library card. Library Link provides students with access to a wide range of materials and resources available through our public libraries and extend their learning beyond the school day.
How Will It Work
- During this school year 2016-2017, elementary school students will receive a special library card just developed for Library Link – the eConnectED library card.
- This card provides students access to MCPL online services and resources 24/7. With the card, students can read e-books and magazines, download music, learn languages, take online courses and much more!
- Also with this library card, students can borrow up to 7 items at one time.
- Students are encouraged to visit any MCPL library, talk to staff to convert their eConnectED library card into a regular ConnectED library card. It is free and provides more opportunities to borrow many more materials!
- The regular ConnectED library card allows students to have access to online resources as well as to borrow up to 100 books, DVDs, and other materials at a time.