Notice to Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm Contractors
The Department of Permitting Services has the responsibility of providing inspections for all fire alarm and fire suppression systems. In most cases, inspections will be scheduled for the next business day when requests are received before 12:00 noon. When you schedule your inspection you must specify the location of the inspection – suite number, floor number or entire building. Inspections may be scheduled using the following methods:
- Schedule your inspection on the DPS website. You will need to have the permit number and your contact ID (printed on your permit) ready.
- Schedule using the DPS Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) by calling 240-777-6210. You will need to have the permit number and your contact ID (printed on your permit) ready.
- Contact the Montgomery County Customer Service Center by calling 311 (within Montgomery County) or 240-777-0311 (outside Montgomery County) and speak with a CSR who will assist you in scheduling your inspection.
Request an Inspection:
Fire Inspection Required by Other Agencies
(Day Care, Group Home, Summer Camp, Private School, Migrant Worker Facility, Health Care, Detention Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Facility, State Vehicle Inspection, Adoptions)
- Residential Inspection Request
- Commercial Inspection Request