Weekdays Phone Number: 240.777.4195
24 Hours Phone Number: 240.777.4673
The Abused Persons Program (APP) serves victims of domestic violence (spouse or partner abuse) in Montgomery County by providing:
- Someone to talk to: 24 hour Crisis Line and individual and group counseling to provide support and information to individuals who have been abused by their intimate partners. The program also offers counseling or referrals to appropriate community partners for couples recovering from abuse.
- Advocacy: information about and assistance in seeking legal protections available to victims and their children
- Shelter: emergency shelter for victims fleeing abuse until they can return home or move to safety.
- Counseling for children exposed to domestic violence
- Counseling for those who are abusive: assessment and counseling for those who have been abusive to their mates
- Community Education: the Program provides speakers to community groups and participates in events to build community awareness of the problem of domestic violence, services available and what we all can do to end abuse.
- Eligibility: APP serves any Montgomery County resident who is a victim of partner abuse in any kind of intimate relationship or who has committed partner abuse and would like help to stop being abusive.
- Diversity Commitment: Services are offered without regard to language, gender, sexual orientation, culture or religion.
- Fees: There are no fees for emergency services and all fees are on an ability-to-pay basis. No one is denied services due to lack of funds.