Montgomery County Business Recycling Seminar
Recycling is good business and is good for your business. Recycling saves natural resources, energy and water and has many economic benefits as well. Montgomery County, Maryland also has a goal to reduce waste and recycle 70 percent by 2020. The Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection - Division of Solid Waste Services is hosting a Montgomery County Business Recycling Seminar to share the latest information about waste reduction and recycling in Montgomery County. It’s also a great networking opportunity to meet with and talk to representatives from other businesses right here in Montgomery County.
This event is a unique opportunity to network with other local business owners, managers, and employees and learn more about recycling, waste reduction, and buying recycled products, as well as the services provided by the Montgomery County Business Recycling SORRT (Smart Organizations Reduce and Recycle Tons) Program.
We invite your business or organization to attend this educational business recycling seminar to:
- Learn about
- the latest on waste reduction and recycling in Montgomery County, including the types of materials that can be recycled
- recent changes to our recycling regulations
- Get information on how to comply with the County’s ban on polystyrene food service products and loose fill packaging
- Obtain updated samples of educational materials that are available for businesses to educate your staff, vendors and customers
- Hear about the experiences of other businesses and commercial properties that improved their recycling efforts
- Meet with County staff to get all of your recycling questions answered
Date and Location
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.
Add this event to your electronic calendar.
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20852
See map and directions
$10.00 per person
Pay by cash or check only; credit cards are not accepted.
If paying by check, please make check payable to "Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services".
Please RSVP by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 3, 2016
Register for the Business Recycling Seminar by phone:
- Phone: 301-565-0770, extension 229, or
- Maryland Relay 7-1-1 (TTY)
Sign language interpreter or other auxiliary aids or services will be provided upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but please, no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If you need this or other services or aids to participate in the event, Cinthya Valenzuela at 301-565-0770, extension 229, or CValenzuela@tmncorp.com. Taking these steps will help us have sufficient time to best meet your needs.