Montgomery County Business Recycling Seminar
Montgomery County, Maryland has a goal to reduce waste and recycle 70 percent by 2020. Recycling is the law in Montgomery County and all businesses, regardless of type of business or size, are required to recycle. The Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services SORRT (Smart Organizations Reduce and Recycle Tons) Program provides assistance to businesses to increase their recycling achievement and maximize the amount of materials recycled.
This event is a unique opportunity to network with other local business owners, managers, and employees and learn more about recycling, waste reduction, and buying recycled products, as well as the services provided by the Montgomery County SORRT Program.
We invite your business or organization to attend this upcoming business recycling seminar to:
- Meet with County staff and get all of your recycling questions answered;
- Get tips on ways to maximize recycling at your business;
- Learn about the latest updates to the list of items that are recyclable in Montgomery County;
- Obtain the most updated versions of educational materials available for businesses to educate your staff, vendors and customers; and
- Hear about the experiences of other businesses that improved their recycling efforts.
Date and Location
Thursday, June 11, 2015
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Add this event to your electronic calendar.
Sidney Kramer Upcounty Regional Services Center
12900 Middlebrook Road
Germantown, Maryland 20874
See map and directions
$10.00 per person
Pay by cash or check only; credit cards are not accepted.
If paying by check, please make check payable to "Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services".
Please RSVP by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 23, 2015
Register for the Business Recycling Seminar by phone:
- Phone: 301-565-0770, extension 229
- TTY: 301-251-4850
Sign language interpreter or other auxiliary aids or services will be provided upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but please, no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If you need this or other services or aids to participate in the event, Brian Van Hoven at 301-565-0770, extension 229, or email@example.com. Taking these steps will help us have sufficient time to best meet your needs.