Smart Meters Now In Bethesda, MD
New Single Space Parking Meters that accept coins, credit cards and pay by cell are now installed in Bethesda.
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) Division of Parking is installing 840 on-street parking meters in Bethesda, expanding payment options for parking customers. Customers will still be able to pay for parking using coins or pay-by-cell phone, but customers will now also be able to use credit cards. The changeover is expected to take about two weeks.
Some Primary Features of the Smart Meter Include:
For Montgomery County News Release, click here
Easy to Use Smart Meters
- View parking rates, hours, time limits and other important info on the Smart Meter's illuminated display.
- Insert and remove your credit/debit card. (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
- Using the keypad, select your payment amount with the blue [+] or [-] buttons.
- Press green [OK] button to confirm your amount, or red [CANCEL] button to cancel your transaction. If neither button is pressed after 35 seconds, the meter will attempt to authorize the amount shown onscreen
- Wait for the card authorization.
- The meter will show the amount of paid time approved and meter expiration time or will request another card.
- Or just pay with coins!
CASH KEY Users
Cash keys will no longer be accepted by the smart meters, but will continue to be an option in parking lots and garages that currently accept them. Drivers who will no longer need cash keys will receive in trade a special value card equivalent to the cash key’s loaded value plus the original deposit ($15.00). The value cards can be used like a credit card in the smart meters until their value is zeroed out.
Beginning the week of February 24, customers can exchange their cash key for the value card at the Bethesda Parking Sales Store at 4720 Cheltenham Drive, Bethesda, Maryland.
Please visit the Parking Sales Store or North Bethesda Transportation Management Office at:
|Address||5640 Nicholson Lane, Suite 224, Rockville, MD 20852|
|Hours||Please call for hours of operation|
|Forms of Payment||Payment by Check Only|
For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us.
This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.