2014 Summer Internship Opportunity
The Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security will have one (1) opening for the 2014 Summer Internship Program period (June – August). This intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects/assignments within the organization.
Summer 2014 Internship will gain experience while working on the following projects/assignments:
- Providing research and other assistance for a variety of planning efforts including facility action plans, critical infrastructure, and volunteer and donations management
- Working with outreach coordinator to develop National Preparedness Month campaign and events
- Working with outreach coordinator on ongoing preparedness events and materials development and distribution
- Assisting WebEOC administrators with development and tracking of monthly drills
- Participating in available training and exercises
Who may apply:
Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 15, 2014
Students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance at securing an internship in their specific area of interest. Students will be selected through a competitive process.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Cover letter & resume.
- One letter of recommendation either academic or professional.
- OEMHS Internship Program Application Questionnaire.
A complete application packet should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed for consideration!