DHHS Silver Spring Center
8818 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Within Montgomery County: 311
- Outside Montgomery County: 240-777-0311
- TTY: 301-251-4850
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm (Limited services for Public Assistance Programs)
Health and Human Services Offices
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Emergency Eviction Prevention
- Enrollment for Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Medical Assistance Programs
- Public Assistance Programs - Food Stamps
- Public Assistance Programs (TCA/TDAP)
Directions to the DHHS Silver Spring Center
Metrobus J5 Q1 Q2 Q4 Y5 Y7 Y8 Y9, Ride On Bus 18. Also short walk from Ride On Bus 4 5 28
From the Silver Spring stop, walk north on Second Ave, 4 blocks. Right on Ballard St, 2 blocks to Center.
By Car From
South on Georgia Avenue under the Beltway. The building is on the right between Ballard St and Spring St.
South (DC Line)
North on Georgia past Colesville Rd. The building is on the left between Spring St and Ballard St.
Take I-270 to I-495(Beltway) East. Take Exit 31 to Georgia Ave South. Proceed south on Georgia Avenue. The building is on the right between Ballard St and Spring St.
Proceed West on 495 to Exit 30, Colesville Road to Silver Spring. Drive past Sligo Creek Parkway and Dale Drive. Turn right at the signal at Spring Street. Follow to Georgia Ave. The building is on Georgia Ave between Spring St and Ballard St.