- List your medications (type/dose)
- Special medical conditions
- Blood type
- Eyeglass prescription
- Communication device/equipment
- Health insurance
- Doctors/Specialists' contact information
- Pharmacists' contact information
For people who need to evacuate and have no place to stay, county shelters may be set up. Listen to the radio for shelter locations. To find an accessible shelter near you during an emergency, call 311. Ask someone in your support network to go with you to the shelter. Shelters will generally provide the following:
- Basic meals and water
- Cots for sleeping and sitting
- Running water for personal hygiene
- First aid and non-emergency health services
- In-shelter security
Shelters do not have special equipment, mobility aids, or batteries. Be prepared to bring your own.
In some cases you will be need to evacuate during an emergency and public transportation may not be running. Work with your support network to determine transportation options.
For more information, download our Senior Preparedness brochure.