DOCR Training and Professional Development
Address: 22880 Whelan Lane Boyds, Maryland 20841 | Telephone: (240) 773-9708 | Fax: (240) 773-9945
Directions | Bus Schedule | Inmate Visiting |
The Training Section provides a variety of training services, field support, and administrative functions for the department. This Section is primarily responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive annual training plan for Department of Correction and Rehabilitation all employees.
The Section is responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate new training programs
- Write promotional exam material for PFC and Corporal rank and contributes to promotional material for Sergeant and Lieutenant.
- Teach or facilitate departmental in-service programs
- Firearms instruction; armory service
- Conduct an orientation program for new staff
- Facilitate and host agency training conferences and satellite conferences
DOCR Training and Professional Development Contact Information
||Human Resources Manager
|Daedra Carrio Westby
|Sgt. Kirk Day
||Departmental Training Coordinator