The new location for this page is

Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Numbe

Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number

This is very quick and easy to do and is available online from the IRS.

You need an FEIN if you:

  • Start a new business
  • Have employees
  • Operate your business as a corporation or a partnership
  • File any of these tax returns: Employment, Excise, or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
  • Withhold taxes on income, other than wages, paid to a non-resident alien
  • Have a Keogh plan
  • Are involved with any of the following types of organizations
    • Trusts, except certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
    • Estates
    • Real estate mortgage investment conduits
    • Non-profit organizations
    • Farmers' cooperatives
    • Plan administrators

Before you get started, review the information on How to Apply for an EIN from the IRS.