Skip to main content
Rockville Pike & Jones Bridge Rd. Intersection
- Maryland Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration
- Montgomery County Department of Transportation
- U.S. Navy
- National Institutes of Health
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- National Capital Planning Commission
- Tier One projects funded by the Maryland Department of Transportation
- Tier Two projects funded through a grant from the DoD Office of Economic Adjustment for transportation projects at BRAC-impacted military medical facilities.
Scope of Work:
- Tier One:
- Add variable electronic signaling to create two, afternoon peak travel time, southbound, left turn lanes onto from Rockville Pike (MD 355) to Jones Bridge Road.
- Tier Two:
- Add a southbound lane on Rockville Pike adjacent to the National Institutes of Health to create two left turn lanes onto Jones Bridge Road.
- Convert the southbound through lane of Rockville Pike into an exclusive left turn lane during afternoon peak travel times.
- Add an exclusive left turn lane out of the National Institutes of Health at Center Drive
- Change lane usage on eastbound Jones Bridge Road from a shared through/left lane to an exclusive left turn lane.