Library Page Positions
We are currently accepting applications for page positions.
Library pages shelve materials and must be able to move a 60-pound book cart, reach, stoop, and bend. Positions are year around, 10 to 19 hours per week, Sunday through Saturday. These are non-merit positions. The hourly wage is $8.347.
You must be at least 14 years old to apply to be a library page.
You must apply online. Here are the steps:
- Complete the online application at Montgomery County Government Careers website. Look for the Library Page position under the category Temporary/Seasonal/Substitute.
- You may receive a confirmation email indicating that your application has been received. Print the confirmation email, and bring it with you to the page assessment exercise. If you did not receive a confirmation email you can go your account that you set up when you applied for this position and print out a copy of the positions that you applied for which should include the current Library Page position.
- Complete an in-person written assessment exercise, which checks your understanding of library shelving systems. Practice with this sample assessment exercise.
- Take one of the scheduled assessment exercises. You do not need an appointment, but you MUST have submitted an application online and received a confirmation email in order to take the assessment exercise. You can take the assessment at any branch, regardless of where you wish to work.
Bring with you to the assessment exercise:
- a print-out of the email confirming receipt of your application or go to your account and print out a copy of the position/s that you have applied for
- a photo ID
Qualified applications will be placed on an eligibility list for six months.