Olney Library - Closed for Renovation
3500 Olney-Laytonsville Road
Olney, MD 20832
Branch Manager: Joseph Eagan
Read about the Olney Library construction project.
Olney Library Blog Read more blog entries.
At Longwood Community Center
19300 Georgia Avenue
Brookeville, MD 20833
To report problems, call 240-777-0016, or email us.
View Larger Map
No buses provide convenient access.
Not easily accessible by Metro.
Announcement posted December 3, 2013: Library services at MCPL Express @ Olney will be inaccessible from 1:00 pm December 24 through January 1 while Longwood Community Center is closed for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Materials returned to the bookdrop after 12 noon on Tuesday, December 24 will not be removed from customer accounts until at least Thursday, January 2. Items due during this period may be returned to nearby MCPL branches for faster service. All items checked out from the Lending Library, Media Box, and Holds Lockers between December 4 and 11 will automatically have a due date of January 2.
|Monday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Thursday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Saturday||10 am - 5 pm|
What you will find at MCPL Express @ Olney
- Book Lending Kiosk: The machine holds 200 items, but only 15 can be displayed at one time. You can borrow only items that are displayed. A variety of titles including adult fiction and nonfiction, CD books, children’s fiction, picture books, and beginner reader books are displayed. Return books to this facility or to any MCPL branch.
- DVD Kiosk: The machine holds 700 DVDs, searchable by release date, genre, and title. All items in the machine can be borrowed. DVD's borrowed from the kiosk should be returned to the kiosk.
- Book Return: Items returned on or before their due date will not accrue fines. However, be aware that items returned to the MCPL Express @ Olney Book Return may not be cleared from your account for a few days. Please don't leave library materials outside the Book Return. If it is full or jammed, notify the Longwood Community Center staff. Never leave library materials outside the building.
- Hold Lockers: You may place holds with a pickup location of OLN_LOCKER (or "Olney Hold Lockers"). Holds will be ready for pick-up at 6:00 pm on the day your hold notice is sent. Holds will be available for 4 days, including the day the notice is sent. The shortened pick-up deadline minimizes the backlog of holds caused by the limited number of lockers. If you check your account online, be aware that holds are not ready for pick-up until they are shown as "Checked Out" to your account. Read more about the hold lockers.
Borrowing materials from the Book and DVD Kiosks
- Bring your MCPL library card. The machines must scan the card's barcode.
- For all items borrowed from the kiosks (books, CD books, and DVDs), the loan period is 21 days. Aside from that, all standard borrowing policies apply.